I will have to catch up with everyone a little later. I am about to pass out again.
Health:
I am now into the 13th week of this 'illness'. Lucky 13, in some ways.
Good news - my chest and back are MUCH better! I was able to talk more yesterday without blowing myself out too badly. I get twinges occasionally and my back still hurts but it IS better. Surprising, the Ben Gay is helping, too.
Bad news - I STILL have the fucking headache!
I left the office at 3pm yesterday, which is the latest so far. The headache drives me to go home and sleep it off. Today I held on and lasted two more hours and made it to 5pm, but it was an iffy thing. I needed to be there for the final meeting of the Anime Club today and be available from 1:30-5pm. They had a pizza party and showed "Tokyo Godfathers", which is SUCH a great and well-crafted holiday film.
Anyway, when I got home, I ate then fell asleep in front of the TV watching "Millenium Actress", so rat stopped it so I could continue sleeping for a while. The headache rules now.
This Weekend:
rat goes to Abilene this Saturday for the Xmas concert. Now that I have blown off the Japanese final, I could actually go with him, but there is no ticket for me. Oh well.
I am actually feeling the need to complete the research paper, which is amazing and good! I hope to work on it between sleep sessions throughout the weekend, so I won't be around, yet again.
I just updated the website tonight with more oekaki.
World Lit class:
It was a great class last night because the students who gave their presentations talked about more than just their papers. They talked about how the class had helped them understand this or that, how they had picked up interesting elements in various anime, how anime had helped them bond with their kids, etc. Almost all of them said they were now addicted to anime. Yay! More have seen the light!
One of my team members says she's an anime convert now and since she is a teacher, she interviewed the various age groups at her grade school about anime and what the kids liked. Now she is considered 'cool' by the kids! Her paper topic is about how anime is a good thing for children to watch and how parents should not discount it. She plans on working something up to submit to educational and parenting magazines!
It was really an excellent class. Of course, since I hauled ALL sorts of Gravi shit with me, we did not finish everyone's papers, so during our final exam time next Thursday the last five students will give their presentations, the research papers will be turned in and if we have time, we will watch some anime. It was funny; last night at least three people did not realize the presentations were due and were looking forward to seeing some anime! More folks commented about how they really liked the fact we usually saw something each week.
I had brought one of my Saiyuki artbooks and my Wolf's Rain artbook and passed them around the circle as people gave their presentations. I also passed around a book I thought all the students would benefit from having in their library: "The Anime Companion: What's Japanese in Japanese Animation" by Gilles Poitras.
Thanks: --> to Lia, my sensei, who has inspired me to draw again. I
wouldn't be doing this without your support, Domo Arigato!
--> to Talon, for sending me her fabulous fics, inspiring me with her writing to draw my first
illustration for a story and actually liking what I drew.
--> to Dasia, for her words of encouragement when drawing her original chara.
--> to Joules, a wonderful epic fic writer, for liking my art enough to want to post them with Talon's
and her own stories.
--> to Lutra, the other half of the epic team, for being so supportive.
--> to Jacque' & Becca Raddittzu, we met on eBay as bidder and sellers and now we are face-to-face
friends. You showed us the real DBZ with your fansubs. It's all your fault the house is full of
doujinshi! *LOL*